Coosa Elementary School Improvement Council
In 1977 the Educational Finance Act mandated that all schools were to create a School Improvement Council. Coosa's School Improvement Council members include parents, faculty, community members, and ex-officio members that meet on a regular basis to create, implement and evaluate the five year school renewal plan(attached below). SIC meetings are held at Coosa on the 2nd Thursday of each month.
The purpose of the Coosa Elementary School Improvement Council is to:
1) Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the five-year School Improvement Plan (also known as the School Renewal Plan or Strategic Plan).
2) Assist in the preparation of yearly plan updates.
3) Write the school's annual Report to Parents, which provides information on the school's progress in meeting school and district goals and objectives, due for distribution by April 30th of each year.
4) Prepare the narrative for the annual S.C. School Report Card, in conjunction with the principal.
5) Provide advice on the use of school incentive award expenditures (if allocated by the State Legislature and awarded to the school).
6) Participate in the revision of the School Improvement Plan if the school is rated as "At Risk" on the S.C. School Report Card.
7) Serve as liaison between the school, school organizations, the community, and the local school board by collecting and disseminating pertinent information.
8) Provide other assistance that the principal may request as well as carrying out any other duties prescribed by the local school board.